Autumn has arrived at Le Chevrefeuille and we are in love with the stunning, earthy, colourful edibles that flourish at this time of year.
One of our all-time autumnal favourites is walnuts and – wow! Are they bursting right now! We’ve been using our very own beautiful walnuts – picked from the lovely old walnut trees that reign the grassy meadow between the B&B and the swimming pool – to make a plethora of delicious autumnal dishes.
Here’s one of our favourite walnut recipes. We hope you enjoy it as much we have been… NB, it’s hard to resist, so take care not to eat the whole lot in one sitting!
Walnut Banana Bread
3 bananas, mashed
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon honey
¼ coconut oil or palm shortening
2 cups of walnuts
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
- Place walnuts in blender & crush to a smooth flour
- Place bananas, eggs, vanilla, honey & coconut oil in a food processor
- Pulse ingredients together
- Pulse in walnut flour, salt & baking soda
- Scoop batter into greased bread tin (7.5inch x 3.5inch works well)
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 40mins or until knife inserted near centre comes out clean
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
Serves 12… Or 1 – if you eat it like I do!