Half Day Cookery Course
Starting at 10am , this cookery course begins with an introduction to the days two course lunch. Then in teams of two to four in our outside kitchen, you will enjoy a hands-on, informative, fun session preparing, cooking and eating a range of delicious, exciting and surprisingly simple regional dishes that chefs of all ages and abilities can recreate at home.
- Start time 10am at Le Chevrefeuille
- Course language: English
- 10am meet and greet chef Ian and the team
- Tuition, demonstration of and participation in preparing produce for cooking
- Tuition, demonstration of and participation in traditional Perigordian cooking and cooking methods
- Tuition, demonstration of and participation in food styling
- Two course lunch with wine, and non-alcoholic beverages
- 1pm course end
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Children over 12 may participate without supervision.
Accommodation available at Le Chèvrefeuille (subject to a minimum of two nights).
See the Tariff page for prices and timetable
This is a unique opportunity for people of all ages to participate in a fun half day experience, preparing a two course regional lunch menu to be enjoyed at the end of the morning. It is an ideal course for families and friends who want to do a fun activity together which is interesting and informative.
These dishes will always have a local flavour, using the regional ingredients which will change in accordance with the season, produce at its best. The half day menu can be accessed here.
Ian is passionate about food nutrition for children, believing that it is essential for their future health and wellbeing to encourage an interest in food and its importance. His hands on approach encourages children to try what they cook and this, we hope in turn will lead to an interest in cooking and trying new things.
All participants leave with a recipe handout and all junior chefs, a CookDordogne Junior Chef Certificate of Participation. Parents and guardians leave smug in the knowledge that the kids can now help out in the kitchen!
Included in the price of the half day course is:
- Use of kitchen facilities and equipment
- Le Chevrefeuille aprons (with option to buy at the end of the course)
- Two course lunch
- Wine & non-alcoholic beverages
- Tea & coffee
- Junior chef certificate for all our young participants