Full Day Gourmet Experience
Starting at 9am , this experience begins with collection from your accommodation or agreed location by Perigourmet in their iconic vintage 2CVs and dropped at our cookery school for the 10am start time. The cookery course begins with an introduction to the days two course lunch. Then in teams of two to four in our outside kitchen, you will enjoy a hands-on, informative, fun session preparing, cooking and eating a range of delicious, exciting and surprisingly repeatable regional dishes that chefs of all ages and abilities can recreate at home.
This is then followed by an afternoon’s gastronomic adventure in Vintage 2 CV’s organised by Perigourmet visiting 2 local producers and enjoying the Perigourdine countryside. You are dropped at the end of the day back at your accommodation or agreed location.
- Start time 9am collection at an agreed location by Perigourmet
- Dropped to CookDordogne cookery school for the 10am start time
- Course language: English
- 10am meet and greet chef Ian and the team
- Tuition, demonstration of and participation in preparing produce for cooking
- Tuition, demonstration of and participation in traditional Perigordian cooking and cooking methods
- Tuition, demonstration of and participation in food styling
- Two course lunch with wine, and non-alcoholic beverages
- 1pm course end
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Children over 12 may participate without supervision.
- Pick up 13h30 for two local producer visits by Perigourmet
- Dropped at the end of the day at your agreed location
Accommodation available at Le Chèvrefeuille (subject to a minimum of two nights).
See the Tariff page for prices and timetable
This is a new offering from CookDordogne who are partnering with the fantastic Danu and Michel at Perigourmet. This incorporates our fun half day cooking course with visits to local producers courtesy of the superb local hosting team at Perigourmet to extend this to a total gourmet experience for a day. This starts with being picked up from your accommodation (subject to a 20k radius of Le Chèvrefeuille) by Perigourmet in an iconic french 2CV and dropped to our cookery school by 10am. This is a unique opportunity for people of all ages to participate in a fun half day experience, preparing a two course regional lunch menu to be enjoyed at the end of the morning.
These dishes will always have a local flavour, using the regional ingredients which will change in accordance with the season, produce at its best. The half day menu can be accessed here. All participants leave with a recipe handout and nicely fed and watered ready for the next part of their day.
The Perigourmet team then pick you up from Le Chevrefeuille at 13h30 and take you on 2 visits to 2 producers out of four possibilities which are chosen in advance
- Wine with la Voie Blanche
- Walnut oil in Castelnaud
- Biscuiterie in Sarlat
- Spirit distillerie in Sarlat
These visits give you a local personal insight into the range, passion and pride of the local producers of our region and the respect and knowledge Michel and Danu have for the Perigord and its food culture.
You will be then returned to your accommodation by the team in their iconic vintage 2CVs at the end of the day.
The full day gourmet experience is bookable online by selecting our half day cooking course on the Thursday of your choice and then adding the Perigourmet tours to your booking.
Included in the price of the full day gourmet experience is:
- Transport to and from your accommodation/location subject to 20km radius
- Use of kitchen facilities and equipment
- Le Chevrefeuille aprons (with option to buy at the end of the course)
- Two course lunch
- Wine & non-alcoholic beverages
- Tea & coffee
- Junior chef certificate for all our young participants
- Two local producer visits
Click here to add your own text