Gourmet course with wine pairing
The Gourmet course starts with a presentation of the exclusive ingredients that the Perigord is most revered for, black truffles, foie gras, cèpes, Perigord caviar, confit de gésiers, cabecous, sanglier, river trout to mention a few.
After this brief presentation it’s hands on, but guided in small groups the preparation of some delicious taster dishes. Once you have finished these dishes it’s the best bit, a well deserved sit down on our outdoor terrace enjoying these plates you have prepared with some wonderful local wines….. Bon appetite!
- Start time 10am at Le Chevrefeuille
- Course language: English
- Adults only (over 18yrs)
- 10am meet and greet chef Ian
- Tuition, demonstration of and participation in preparing produce for cooking
- Tuition, demonstration of and participation in traditional Perigordian cooking and cooking methods
- Tuition, demonstration of and participation in food styling
- Two/three course degustation with paired wine, and non-alcoholic beverages
- 2pm course end
Accommodation available at Le Chèvrefeuille (subject to a minimum of two nights).
See the Tariff page for prices and timetable
This is an unique opportunity for adults to participate in a half day experience, preparing a two/three course regional lunch menu to be enjoyed in the early afternoon. It is a ideal course for adults who want to learn and enjoy the more exclusive products that the regional has to offer.
These dishes will always have a local flavour, using the regional ingredients of the highest quality, most of which will have been purchased fresh that morning within a 5km radius of CookDordogne.
Family and friends who prefer to eat rather than cook need not miss out on this superb degustation experience! Join the two-course tasting with wine, tea and coffee for an additional charge.
Included in the price of the Gourmet course is:
- Use of kitchen facilities and equipment
- Le Chevrefeuille aprons (with option to buy at the end of the course)
- Two/three course lunch
- Local fine wines
- Water, tea & coffee